Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Love & Hate Sonnet

Is there something you just love, but you hate at the same time? I know I do!

   u       /    u     /     u      /     u       /     u     /
You come to me when my heart feels the ache,

u    /      u       /     u       /     u   / u    /
I wish you could just leave me if I pray.

     u      /     u       /       u      /     u      /    u     /
When you drip down, my nose will start to shake,

   u     /  u      /    u     /      u       /   u     /
The reason that my eye swells during day.
    u     /    u      /    u       /   u    /   u      /
Why do you love me when I see my grade?

   u     /    u    /    u        /   u    /   u    /
You take a free ride when I see no light.
    u     /    u     /          u      /       u        /      u       /
Why do you rush through my cheek when I'm graved?
 u    /     u      /     u    /    u      /    u   /
It feels like you just left my heart a bite.
   u   /   u      /     u     /   u      /      u      /
Yet, I love you with all my heart and mind.
  u     /    u    /  u  /  u     /    u     /
As you are inspiration for my blog.
  u      /    u       /     u     /       u         /    u         /
Between us there's a Best-Friend Contract signed,
   u       /     u     /  u      /     u    /  u      /
Our friendship never fade nor ever clog.
    u     /   u    /     u      /    u    /      u     /
Feel free to join me when I start complain,
  u     /       u      /  u       /      u       /     u      /
I'll drink more water, come and share my pain!

I used personification in this sonnet, can you guess what it is?
Answer Right Here



5 comments:

  1. Before I read the 10th line, I really thought that you're writing your sonnet with one syllable words only, haha. But I don't really get what your topic is. However, you follow the rhyme scheme and iambic pentameter rule very well, and there's a clear sentence showing that you turn the hate into the love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, your colorful sonnet caught my attention. (good job!)
    I noticed you paced stressed sound at the end of "shake" but I think the order should be opposite. -->so this means, shake=stressed, unstressed
    Also, remember to put [A][B] at the end of each sentence:);)
    I can read your sonnet with rhythm and It's really fun to read it. I enjoyed it a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice!! You have a strong and touch describe about your hate and love. I want to know that is your topic talking about "rain"? Cause you say that "You come to me when my heart feels the ache" and this is how I feel when during the sad mood I hope it will rain so that can fit my feeling. I think your sentences are so beautiful. Plus, I love your picture, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sonnet is awesome, like I told you before. It tears right! Your 4th line gave away, 'The reason that my eye swells during day.' You made it awesome that I never thought that tears are best friends to us, I just find them annoying. :P But I don't get this line though, I'll drink more water, come and share my pain!''

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sonnet !!!!! It's soooo romantic ! But some of them are too deep and I don't think most of the people would understand it! Try to make it easier to read ! Master lee! Lol

    ReplyDelete