Thursday, October 27, 2011

You got eyes, USE THEM!!

Talking is not the most effective way to teach people how to do something, perhaps, actions are way better than just descriptions.

I am going to bring a set of clothes, including,one short/long sleeves shirts, one dress shirt, one shorts, one pants, and one hoodie. I will bring six sets so that everyone can get one set. They can work in pairs. The partners can work together, one could be doing the actual folding, and other paying attention to my actions. I will first demonstrate how one type of fold is done, then break down each step, so that my audience can do the folding along with me. I will kind of exaggerate my actions so that everyone can understand and catch up everything easily. I will try not to do everything on the table, which blocks people from looking carefully of each steps. However, if I have to, I will hold up my folded clothes, and show everyone what had just happened in the front of the clothes, and the back of the clothes. I guess that is pretty much that I need to focus on in terms of visual aids section of the demonstration speech.

1 comment: