Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Update:Stream of Consciousness


"Seems like everybody's got a price.
I wonder how they sleep at night.
When the sale comes first, and the truth comes second,just stop for a minute and smile.
Why is everybody so serious?
Why is everybody so obsessed?
Money can't buy us happiness.
Can we all slow down and enjoy right now guarantee we'll be feelin' alright".
Price Tag by Jessie J




I am sitting here, wondering around. I see in my imagination, a guy shouting on the phone. He is disgust by the person on the other side of the phone. Why does money matters way more than relationships? Why do people have argument over a few thousands dollars?

I guess this proved the statement that the Bible says, "money is the root of all evil." Why cannot people just live peacefully with each other, accepting everyone's differences? However, without money, people will still not live peacefully together. There would be wars that people fought for food and powers.


Why does wealth important though? Why cannot people live equally without rank? Well, if there are no ranks, than no one will be in charge of the society. I guess the war is needed no matter what. However, why cannot people just make compromises to solve their disagreement? Compromises may be the best way to negotiate besides war, but they do not always work out. Bring all these back to the beginning, why does people value money over many good things in life? Well, I guess the only answer to that is " this is just the way life is, and this is the reality." Money cannot buy you friendships, but without money, there's lesser beauty in this world. A few thousands dollars may not be huge for us, however, these few thousands dollars can make a living for a person. I think one way to make the argument to go away between the guy and the person on the other side of the phone is to give. If money meant to be the evil that destroys the relantionship between people, let us just use it for good. When the money is no longer there, the argument should be gone. Meanwhile, the relationship is still strong, and we have just saved a few people's lives by giving, and making their day more beautiful as it should have been. Money can be the relationship killer, or it could be a life saver. This decision is ours to make. We should follow our hearts to put money into good use.

 

I love spending time on my iTunes. It always makes my day. I especially enjoy scanning my iPad and iPod with iTunes. I have a total of 2094 songs in my library, and 164 videos. It is very surprising for most people that my songs are not mainly Chinese, but English, Korean, and Taiwanese. It's 7 o' clock in the night, now. My favorite cartoon is over. Just right before I turn off my TV, an annoying Chinese song started to play. I do not understand the taste of Chinese kids these days. They sing as if they are shouting on the basketball court. They dance if there is mousetrap underneath their toes. They rap as if they are reading history books. Their lyrics were as bad as if they are truly swearing, and literally, inappropriate language came out of their mouth rapidly as the song goes. I just, personally, think that Chinese songs are not worth to listen. Is it just me? Or is some other people out there feels the same? Mom singing Japanese songs in the back of our house. I love she sings while I work on my homework, because she always has that very cheerful voice that makes my day. Her voice gives me the energy to work harder even if I really do not want to. I am happy that she does not feel any pain for all these years. Thanks to God, praises to God, and blesses from God. That loud machine noise from upstairs had been annoying me starting from yesterday. I shouted from my couch, " People! Hardworking student trying to study here!" I screamed from the top of my thoart. So loudly that I think they actually heard me. They stopped awhile, and go back to work a little bit quiet. I have always loved my instinct for speaking loudly, thanks to mom. People probably known me as the "loud, cheerful, hardworking girl", which is exactly what I wanted to be remembered as. Sometimes, people wanted me to stay quiet, but I just cannot. How can you expect a girl, who can shout so loud that even people in 5th floor can hear me, to be quiet? Mission impossible, I guess.

 

Silent me if you can :P
Silent me if you can :P

Cute, huh?

Suddenly, a bark came from downstair. I bet the owner of the dog(see picture above!) came back. I guess the dog has the same instinct as I have. Barking loudly as he can to welcome his owner's returning. A funny feeling was awaken by the bark. All of a sudden, the mosquito itchy spots that are on me feels so itchy. I wanted to scratch them so badly, but I cannot. A TV host suddenly sweared as if she knows exactly I felt about my itchiness. I guess I have to end this blogpost now, as it has been prolongly long. I cannot resist my itchiness, and the feeling that Mr. Kabel will run up to me and ask me about the length of my assignment again. So, yeah, I should put down my iPad now, and look for my mentholatum! (Busco para mi mentholatum!)

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Interesting musings. In reaction to some of your ideas: I think your right that people would find ways to fight even if money wasn't around. Also, to be technical, the Bible says that the 'love' of money is the root of all evil, not money itself (1 Timothy 6:10). Do you think there is a difference between your statement and the Bible's statement? It may have changed a decent amount of your internal dialog.

    By the way, I need to point out that internal dialog and free writing are essentially different from stream of consciousness. More than a stream of thoughts, SoC works more like one's awareness moving over interactions one has with the world rather than as a list of thoughts someone articulates in their mind. It involves other senses, reactions and feelings about things they notice in the real world. So, while your writing is interesting and though it has the random feel of one's mind wandering, it's not entirely stream of consciousness. Do you see why now?
    16/20

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice movement of attention. Mosquito bites: great line.
    20/20

    ReplyDelete