Thursday, November 10, 2011

TED Videos Review


I have learned so much from yesterday's TED videos that we watched in Communication class. They were extremely impressive for whatever they were talking about. I was not a second blank out in my mind. During the videos, I believed my mouth was never closed, because I was so shocked that I was thinking,"What in the world? How...? But....?" I think it was not only the thing they are demonstrating are very unique, but also their speaking skills. I was extremely surprised by Galdwell's spaghetti sauce speech. I have no idea how can he actually came up with the connection between humanity and spaghetti. I thought that was very super cool, and it actually did make sense. Not to mention about his very cool hairstyle, his speech itself was off the scale of beyond awesome. I did not want to miss out any word he said, because every single points are so detailed, and it feels like if I even misunderstood just a word, then I will blame myself for not paying attention to his awesome speech. I think I will need to learn how he outlined his speech, because it feels like he covered everything about spaghetti sauce that he could ever mention, which is a way to make your audience impressed on your effort of making the speech. Most importantly, he probably knows the fact that people probably enjoy stories more than reasoning and logic. So, instead of start throwing out reasoning and logic, he connect the spaghetti story to humanity, and it really captured my attention by the story. 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. Gladwell is a master storyteller. 10/10

    ReplyDelete