Sunday, November 27, 2011

Vote for ME!!!

Using Fallacies for your election speech!


Have you wanted to change your life? Today, allow me to introduce you the future SA madam president, Emily Lee. You know that only lame people in the school will ignore my speech, then I guess and hopefully that you are not one of them. (guilt by association) You need to listen to my speech to make your life better by tons of trillion times, because I will change your life by all means if I have to.(false needs) If you do not listen to my speech, then make sure you watch out during night, especially when you enter the bathroom. (scare tactics) Therefore, either you listen to my speech, or you will see.(Either/or choices) Today, I am going to tell you why you should vote for me as the SA president next year for three major reasons. First, my social life. Second, my popularity and how my friends view me. Third, my academic life and achievement in schools.

First of all, I am going to tell you how my social life made me perfect for the SA president. I have been in so many countries in my fifteen years of life, and within these fifteen years of life, I had lived beside Disneyland for half a year, been to Las Vegas at least once every summer since second grade, and one full year in the U.S. They might not be specially for you, but can you imagine, how big will the social circle become for just living 10 minutes away from Disneyland and visit Las Vegas for more than 10 times? (Faulty analogy) Even though I should not mention about the one full year living in the U.S., because this fact will just slaughter all the other candidate, I will still mention briefly because of how much I love to talk to my loving voters.(Ad hominem) I lived in an area between Korean town and China town in the U.S. How many people in the school are Chinese and Korean?(Red Herring) Because I have the benefit to experience living in an area with the most common people in TAPA, eventually, I have a broader view about each one of us in TAPA than any other candidate. (Non-Sequitor)

Second, I am going to tell you my popularity and how my friends view me. This just happened not long ago from today, our TAPA's thanksgiving dinner. I did not want to go in the first place for personal reasons on Tuesday. My friends that I common sit with me during lunch did not want to go after I said so, even if the wanted before. However, I changed my mind on Wednesday. Can you imagine what happened? All of those I told me they did not want to go, tell me that "If you are going, I am going!" And, I tell you, this is not a small amount of people. Because I am going, the whole desk of where I sit in the thanksgiving dinner is full with those people who did not want to go when I said I did not want to go. (Hasty generalization) Can you see how influential I can be for future SA event? (Faulty Casuality) Another event that just happened during this summer. I made a special appearance to my friend's 8th grade promotion in the U.S. Without telling any one of my friends. I have not seen them like two and almost three full years. We only had Facebook to somehow relate each other during these years. Usually, this kind of friends will not last long. However, I walk into the hall room that night, they saw me and recognized me on first sight. I did not expect this to happen. Suddently, tens of hundreds of people rushed over, screaming, and shouting my name. They hugged me, and even cried as if they have seen a miracle. Three of my friends told me in different times the same exact words, " Emily, I have never met someone so truful, nice, and reliable like you in my life, and not even in these past few years without you. I regretted I had not spent that much time with you in that particular year." I was very super shocked. How is it even possible for three absolute different friends of mine, say the exact same words, and in different time and place. Because of their words, you should believe that I am a truful, nice, and reliable person that you have never met in your life. (Using authority instead of evidence) Because I own all these qualities, I am perfect and capable for the SA president. (Non-Sequitor) Last but not least, I know more TAPA people than any other candidates do. First, I have been in TAPA longer than other candidates, which means I know TAPA and TAPA people more than they do. Second, I know more TAPA people than any one of the candidate. Well, I mean who here in the school does not know Emily? There are two Emilys in the school, they must at least know one of the Emily, or at least they heard them on the announcement of student service. (Equivocation) Also, I am in all different kinds of classes, with different groups of people. I am in American Lit and Geometry with juniors and seniors. I am in Physical Science with freshman and POH. I am in Religion I with bunch of HSP students. I am in World History with bunch of sophomores, juniors, and even seniors. There are no group of TAPA people that I am not in class with, which made me more easily to hear people's voice as a president's job.(Hypothesis conturary to the Fact) From my popularity and view from my friends, how can you not want me as your SA president? (False needs)

Lastly, well, what can I say about my academic? There's no doubt that I have better grades in communication than other candidates according to Mr. Webb. I mean, if they do not have great communication skill like mine, how are they able to argue and convience Mr. Adams and help the students for their needs? (Ad hominum) Hint, hint, I bet none of them have walked to Mr. Adams' room just because they wanted to. As a matter of fact, I actually had! (Ad hominum) In fact, I had successfully convinced him and won the argument. Also, who among the candidate had hold hands with Mr. Adams because he invited you up stage in the assembly to accept principal awards for you perfect smile that always make him smile? I guess none of the candidates have a perfect smile like me. Well, I mean, look at them. (Ad hominum) Last but not least, which one of the candidate has better language skill like me? I know three languages pretty well, which are Chinese, Taiwanese, and English. This fact made me better in academic than other candidates. Look at David, he have been complaining about my bad English grammar. Well, I have to say, "Does bad English grammar affect your understanding of what I am saying?"(Sentimental Appeals) On the contrary, I do not understand his Chinese.(Ad hominum) So, make the comparison, and think about what David said without even thinking about himself. This candidate is not qualified, because he will not go through a thoughtful process when he plans SA events. Therefore, voting for David equals to screw up SA events. (Slipper slopes)

I have just told you why I am better candidate for SA president than others by my social life, popularity, and academic and rewards. I have just introduced myself to you and why you should vote for me as your next SA president. If you do not vote for me as your SA president, then I guess sooner or later TAPA will collapse, and then you will end up sleeping on the sidewalk of the Shilin Night Market.(Slipper slopes) So, I will see you polling station!

1 comment:

  1. 20/20 on written speech, 10/10 on spoken speech!

    ReplyDelete