Friday, December 9, 2011

Before & After....

Operation Communication!!


Before Operation Communication:


After Operation Communication:




Over the courses of communication in this semester, I have surprisingly seem some very great improvement. By viewing the first speech of the semester, and the last one, I saw that I got more comfortable standing up front facing my classmates. In the first speech, I can tell that I was so nervous by looking at my nervous ticks of shaking hands, and messing up with my words in the speech. Instead of saying pleasure, I spilled out my nervous, and said "pressure" instead. My face showed that I was very nervous up front, facing all the stranger classmates that I had not known about, but now I have, so I looked quite comfortable up there. In the first speech, when I messed up, I started to wonder around, and had blank out of my mind. The differences in my last speech was that I was able to just carry on, or at least find other words to keep me from talking. Also, my eye contact improved as I get to know my classmates a little more, but also the fact that I am comfortable giving a speech up stage.

Secondly, I thought I had a better structure of writing my speech for the last speech. The first one was not running as smooth as the last one. Also, the content of the last speech was more solid and logicial on how it was processed. I especially like that my attention getter got more interesting than just a simple, normal question. I found the most proud about my speech structuring is that I had a good zinger and conclusion that really connected to my introduction. I did not know how conclusion should be written in the first speech, but now, I have it all solid in my mind. I believe I could still use this outline skills in the future for writing purposes and speeches. It will be quite useful for everything that has to do with communication, which I had learned, and improved over this course.

Lastly, I believe the one thing that I improved the most is that I was actually able to have a natural gestures. In the first speech, my hand gestures are very fake in my view, because my gestures are not what I would use in normal daily conversation with others. In fact, those gestures look very robotic. They just do not looked natural. However, in the last speech, I was able to carry out my gestures very comfortablly. I felt that my gestures were just there, and I did not need to pretend, and force to have those gestures carrying out. Those gestures just naturally connected to what my brain is thinking about, and it actually helped the audience a little bit to stay awake, because there are actions while there are talking. I could not have learned this natural gestures skill, if I were not keep on practicing different types of speech in this class.

Overall, I think my communication skills had improved in many ways in this class. These two videos, in my opinion, are not the best of all the other speeches that I had done in this semester. When I went back to check out all the videos of my speeches of this semester, I really saw improvement within every videos. Every speeches that I had done in this semester was very distinct from one another, because they are not only different type of speeches, but also targeting on different kinds of improvement when it comes to communication skills. Last but not least, I just believed that it was not only because the class that I am improving from, but also actually how much practices, and efforts that I had put into every speeches that I had to done. Now, all the works had paid off its price with the improvement that is intangible, but sense-able

No comments:

Post a Comment